Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Before I go on....

Before I go any further with this blog I need to tell you about my WONDERFUL parents who raised me since I was an infant.  They picked me up on March 7, 1962 at Catholic Charities on Lindell and have loved me unconditionally ever since.  Even though I was baptized Anna from my natural Mother, Dorothy, I was baptized again in the Catholic Church with my Aunt and Uncle being my Godparents.  My name was changed legally to Carol Marie.  My Mom and Dad brought me home on March 7th and introduced me to my Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, cousins.  I was loved by all and I loved each and every one of them.  They were and are my family.  No one on my Mom’s side made me feel anything but love.  I was accepted from day one.  I don’t ever remember the word “adopted” used by any one of them.  My parents love me and gave to me a wonderful life.  They supported me in all my many endeavors in life.   They were there for me when I was sick.  They were there to celebrate with me my accomplishments.  They educated me.  They laughed with me and cried with me.  They told me that I could do anything I set my mind to do and then supported me and cheered me on as I did it.  There was nothing I could not do, if I believed I could do it, then I could.  That is how I was raised.  I was raised in a faith filled home, a home where we sat down together every evening for dinner and prayed for the food on the table and discussed our day together as a family.  I was taught values, good moral values.  I was raised and taught kindness, compassion, respect, honesty, peacemaking, confidence, contentment, fulfillment, courage, independence, satisfaction, how to work and how to play ~ balance in life, and to be myself.   I was given freedom to succeed and to make mistakes.  I was an only child but never a lonely child. 
Before I go any further I also want to tell you that I have my parents full support on this new journey my life is taking.  I have their “blessing” to search, they know they are loved and appreciated by me and wish me only the best life has to offer.  They are excited for this new family I have discovered and support me every step of the way. 
I have been blessed in my life and for this I am VERY grateful! 

4 comments:

  1. You are incredibly blessed Carol - to have the support of your family and have found the love from the past. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your parents, the ones that raised and nurtured you, did an excellent job doing so. You tell me all the time you don't fight with people...honey many families don't get along as well as you do with your parents. You were blessed with holiness in your family....I'm grateful for having met such a person as YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t ever remember the word “adopted” used by any one of them

    That is true love from the Lord. I always wondered why adopted parents ever adopted a child or children and use that term this is my adopted daughter or son.

    The day those papers are signed should be the day that you have been birthed into the family and the name Adopted should be never mentioned again.

    You were so blessed. I can see so far as I am reading . Your Mom and Dad are your true parents from the Lord.

    As I have never know in my life this you mention they never mentioned adopted child.

    This excited me Carol. It does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was raised in a faith filled home, a home where we sat down together every evening for dinner and prayed for the food on the table and discussed our day together as a family. I was taught values, good moral values. I was raised and taught kindness, compassion, respect, honesty, peacemaking, confidence, contentment, fulfillment, courage, independence, satisfaction, how to work and how to play ~ balance in life, and to be myself. I was given freedom to succeed and to make mistakes. I was an only child but never a lonely child.

    Oh this is so beautiful what you have written and I pasted again.

    I pray that any one who does take a child in their home and do what they did for you. To except you as their own.

    This means so much in a home. If there is others before as siblings then they should be taught to drop the name adoption as soon as the papers are signed.

    If not then so much can happen in a family.

    Oh you do have joy and the Lord blessed you with good morals, kindness to others. I am so happy to have read your stories they touched me.



    ReplyDelete