Saturday, March 23, 2013

My sister's voice...

I mailed my letter to Mary on August 19, 2012.  In my letter I had included two pictures of me taken over the summer of 2012.  Beside the fact that the lawn needed to be mowed that Sunday, August 26th, I needed to be kept busy.  I knew that Mary would have received the letter at the very latest on Friday, August 24th.  So from Friday until Sunday I was second guessing myself.  Did I do the right thing? What if I never hear back from her? Being I knew Dorothy was deceased should I have left well enough alone? I had so many questions in my head about the letter and what I thought would be Mary’s reaction, that I was on pins and needles the entire weekend.

I came inside the house when finished with the lawn to take a shower but of course I had to check my mobile phone to see if I had missed a call while outside mowing.  I was constantly checking my phone all week every chance I could. Disappointed when no one called and even more disappointed when a call rang through of someone I knew and it was not Mary.    Sure enough I did miss a call and it was from Mary, apprehensive to listen to the message on one hand and on the other hand so excited to see that Mary contacted me.  I listened to the voicemail message.  After identifying herself in the message the first words out of her mouth were “Oh Carol, I have to meet you, I want to meet you”.   I was dancing around the kitchen crying tears of joy!  I have a sister, who wants to meet me!  I have a sister!!! I was expecting us to talk and “maybe” meet someday but she sounded in her voicemail very excited to talk to me.  I have listened to her voicemail message so many times as it was the first time I heard my sister’s voice. 

2 comments:

  1. I have goosebumps - I am so happy for you! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you could copy your voicemails to some other source, that would be awesome. Cause you know me, I save voicemails that have deep meaning for me. I love to hear their voice...besides the message. I too am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete