Wednesday, March 6, 2013

And so it began...

Definition of adopted: Legally take another's child and bring it up as one's own.

I was born on January 21, 1962 at Firmin Desloge Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri.  And there most stories would begin.  However, my life began the day I was adopted, March 7, 1962.  I never knew anything about my life those 45 days between birth and adoption.  I had a wonderful childhood.  I grew up in a faith filled home surrounded by two very loving parents.  I was told I was adopted since I was brought home from Catholic Charities.  I don’t think I understood what it meant to be adopted, what it really meant, until much later in life. 

I will be posting to this blog as a kind of therapy for me and I hope that other adoptees, birth mothers, adoptive parents will comment to my posts in hopes to understand and grow together in our understanding of this triad of love.  In a city the size of St. Louis there are no support groups for the adopted person.  I intend for this blog to be a support group.  I hope those who stop by will help achieve this. 

4 comments:

  1. Well I wasn't adopted, but hope I can come here for support and love anyway. Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Fur & Whiskers! This is Awesome, Inspiring and Wonderful. Thank you for sharing - Thank you for keeping in touch - Thank you far the Blessing of YOU in the World.
    love & love,
    -g-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G...thank you! I have had a really rough 2012...filled with sadness and happiness. This blog is my gift to me. Love you! C

      Delete